Wynne is a town in Eastern Arkansas with a population of 8,600. It is named after Captain Jesse Watkins Wynne of Marshall county, Mississippi. He was born in 1839 and became a hero during the Civil War when he managed to take is captors captive and lead them to the headquarters of the confederate army. After the war he moved to St. Francis county in Arkansas and there he started Arkansas first bank. So in 1882, when a train cart fell over and left a boxcar on the side of the newly finished north-south line of the Iron Mountain Railroad, that place was called Wynne Station after the war hero. When the east-west line of the Iron Mountain railroad crossed the north-south close to Wynne station it was renamed to Wynne Junction. When the town was incorporated in 1888 Wynne left Junction and became just town of Wynne.