The history of the City of Rogers begins at the railroad, which blazed a trail into the area in 1881, following the path of the historic Old Wire Road. The route of the Frisco Railroad line, which traveled from St. Louis to San Francisco, established the business district of a community that in gratitude, took the sir name of Captain C.W. Rogers, as its own. At that time the Vice-president and General Manager of the line, Captain Rogers, was responsible for the decision to route the tracks through the area, opening a prosperous gateway for trade and passenger service.
B.F. Sikes, who owned the original 160 acres which became the town site of Rogers, gave the railroad the land required for right-of-way and the farmers adjoining the site contributed $600 toward the cause. Construction soon followed, and the first passenger train reached Rogers in May of 1881. Incorporation took place the next month, in June of the same year and the town sprang into existence.