Mammoth Springs is right on the border to Missouri in Fulton County and has a population of 1,100 people.
Mammoth springs has been populated since 1836, when settlers came there and started to farm the land and they used the spring for milling. 14 years later, in 1850 Arkansas first geologist David Dale Owen passed by the area and became the one who got credit for discovered the spring. The town was known as "Head of River" until the railroad was built by Mammoth Springs, when it got the name that it has today.
In the 1880's the town started to exploit the spring as an attraction. The tourism was a boom for the small town. But the spring continued being used for the mill until 1944 and for generation of power from 1925 until 1972 for the Missouri-Arkansas Power Company. In 1957 Mammoth Springs became a state park.