In 1915 rev. William S. Baker and his wife, Mary, decided to make a summer resort out of thier land in Northern Araknsas. This was the birth of Bella Vista. The name was made up by a Mrs. George Crowder of Bentonville. In 1917 the Bakers sold the resort to the Linebarger Brothers of Dallas. They developed the resort and Bella Vista opened for tourist in June the same year. The business went very well during the 20's and during this time a golf course and a swimming pool were built. But the great depression and World War II resulted in that Bella Vista got less visitors and in 1952 the resort was sold to an other Texan, E.L. Keith. Keith fixed up the resort and in 64, he sold it to John A. Cooper, Sr. Cooper turned Bella Vista into, not only a summer resort, but also a home for retirees and wealthy. Thru out the course of the next 35 years Bella Vista grew from a small summer Resort to the town with a population of about 15 000 that it is today.